Fantasia is a 1940 American animated film produced by Walt Disney and released by Walt Disney Productions. With story direction by Joe Grant and Dick Huemer, and production supervision by Ben Sharpsteen, it is the third Disney animated feature film. The film consists of eight animated segments set to pieces of classical music conducted by Leopold Stokowski, seven of which are performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra. Music critic and composer Deems Taylor acts as the film's Master of Ceremonies, providing a live-action introduction to each animated segment.
He loves the movie's artistic imagery and it officially started the animation renaissance in the 1940s. He considered Chernabog from the Night on Bald Mountain sequence one of the most artistically dark villains Disney has made so far and said he was personally disturbed during the End of the Dinosaurs sequence; though he still considers this an artistically well-done scene.
Lists Strider Includes Fantasia
- It made it to Best Disney Movies at #7 (August 11, 2016).
- Night on Bald Mountain made it as an honorable mention in Spookiest Cartoon Episodes (October 13, 2016).
- Chernabog made it to Darkest Cartoon Villains at #2 (April 24, 2017).
- End of the Dinosaurs made it to Darkest Disney Moments at #4. Chernabog also made it as an honorable mention (October 3, 2017).
- The Genesis game of Fantasia made it to Worst Disney Games (February 1, 2020).