Hey Arnold! is an American animated children's television series created by Craig Bartlett that aired on Nickelodeon from October 7, 1996, to June 8, 2004. The show centers on a fourth grader named Arnold, who lives with his grandparents in an inner-city boarding house. Episodes center on his experiences navigating big city life while dealing with the problems he and his friends encounter.
PhantomStrider considers this to be a relatable show involving its characters going through some realistic situations. He finds Helga to be a good character due to how she's a school bully who happens to be in love with Arnold and cannot express her feelings for him.
His personal least favorite episode is Arnold Betrays Iggy, where, after the entire school knows Iggy's secret in which he wears bunny pajamas, Arnold is put through constant humiliation leading up to being psychologically tortured by wearing Iggy's bunny pajamas on national television. Strider heard that even the creator wasn't too fond of the episode and demanded it to be removed from syndication.
Lists Strider Includes Hey Arnold!Edit
- It was #9 in Best Nickelodeon Shows (February 24, 2016).
- Arnold Betrays Iggy was #9 in Worst Episodes of Good Cartoons (May 8, 2016).
- Ghost Bride was an honorable mention in Darkest Nickelodeon Episodes (February 26, 2019).
- It was #3 in Top 6 Cartoons Banned in Africa (February 26, 2020).
- Along with Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim, there's a TV movie of Hey Arnold! that premiered on November 24, 2017.