The Fairly OddParents is an American animated television series created by Butch Hartman that originally aired on Nickelodeon from March 30, 2001, to July 26, 2017. The series follows the everyday misadventures of Timmy Turner, a boy who is granted two fairy godparents named Cosmo and Wanda. It was produced by Nelvana (2001–2004), Frederator Studios, Nickelodeon Animation Studios and Billionfold Inc. (2008–2017).
The series originated from shorts on the animation showcase, Oh Yeah! Cartoons, airing from 1998 to 2001. It was later picked up as a series due to its popularity. Originally, it ended in 2006 totaling five seasons, but resumed production in 2008.
Having aired for 16 years, The Fairly OddParents is the longest-running fantasy TV series in American television history, and currently stands as Nickelodeon's second longest-running animated series, behind SpongeBob SquarePants.
PhantomStrider didn't like the voice acting, but nevertheless thought of it as an average show. However, as it continued on, and more characters started getting added from Season 8 onwards, he started to dislike it more. Another problem he has with those seasons is the flanderization of the original characters.
Lists Strider Includes Fairly OddParentsEdit
- It was an honorable mention in Best Nickelodeon Shows (February 24, 2016).
- It's a Wishful Life was an honorable mention in Worst Episodes of Good Cartoons (May 8, 2016).
- It was #2 in Top 6 Cartoons That Got Bad (March 23, 2017).
- Fairly Odd Movie (live-action movie) was #6 in Worst Nickelodeon Movies (July 11, 2017).
- Shadow Showdown was #3 in Best Nickelodeon Games (May 8, 2020).